A projector tripod stand is what you can depend on when it comes to keeping your projector at the right height and distance away from the screen. This stand can be mobile or rigid. It can also be adjustable or fixed. It helps project images on your screen for home entertainment or office use.
With that in mind, what’s the best projector tripod stand? Keep on reading to find out. The conclusion will outline which of them is the cream of the crop.
- 1 Top 9 Tripod Stand for Projectors
- 1.1 Mount-It! Mobile Projector and Laptop Stand MI-7943 (2 Shelves)
- 1.2 PylePro Universal Laptop Projector Tripod Stand PLPTS2
- 1.3 Hola! Music HPS-290B Professional Tripod Projector Mixer Stand
- 1.4 TechOrbits Mobile Projector Stand (Cart on Wheels) OF-S8
- 1.5 Amazon Basics Adjustable Portable Workstation Laptop Stand DF136
- 1.6 Pyle Pro Audio Mobile DJ PA Speaker Stand PLPTS7
- 1.7 Vamvo Aluminum Universal Projector Tripod Stand T1
- 1.8 Klvied Projector, Laptop, and DJ Equipment Tripod Stand
- 1.9 Bulalu Tripod Stand for Projectors, Laptops, DJ Devices, and Desk Mount
- 2 Comparison Chart
- 3 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 4 Things to Consider
Top 9 Tripod Stand for Projectors
Here are the top 9 projectors with a tripod stand.
Mount-It! Mobile Projector and Laptop Stand MI-7943 (2 Shelves)
The Mount-It! Mobile Projector and Laptop Stand MI-7943 is ostensibly a stand or trolley that works for both the laptop and the mobile projector. It comes with 2 shelves, 1 shelf for the notebook PC and 1 shelf for the projector. It’s also a rolling cart with wheels and ventilated tray.
Heavy-Duty Trolley or Cart for Office Chair Mobility
The Mount-It! Mobile Projector Stand MI-7943 has a 30° tilt with height-adjustable levels. Its ventilated tray helps both your mobile PC and mobile projector to keep cool when push comes to shove. It prides itself for being heavy-duty or amazingly durable according to many users.
It’s made of steel that can last for quite a long time in an indoor setting or survive rough handling in the busiest of schools. It can also serve as a versatile workstation for projector stand use or laptop table use.
- About $70.
- Easily portable.
- +30° and -30° tilt.
- Height adjustable.
- Fetching black color.
- 88 pounds weight capacity.
- Heavy-duty projector stand.
- Solid steel frame construction.
- Rolling card with ventilated tray.
- Trolley stand with wheels for mobility.
- Maximized airflow cooling with its airflow.
- This is Amazon’s Choice in Laptop Stands by Mount-It!
- Tall, adjustable projector stand with 57.5 inches height.
PylePro Universal Laptop Projector Tripod Stand PLPTS2
The PylePro Universal Laptop Projector Tripod Stand PLPTS2 by Pyle is a stand for computers, books, DJ equipment, and projectors (naturally). It’s height is adjustable to up to 35 inches. It also comes with a 14-inch by 11-inch plate. It can be used for studio or stage use as well as home cinemas.
Great for Travel and Collapsible Frame
The PylePro PLPTS2 is much smaller than the Mount-It! MI-7943. Regardless, it earns its keep by doubling as a stand for DJ equipment as well as various mini projectors that weigh 10 pounds and under. Mobility and portability are the name of the game for the PLPTS2.
It’s specifically great for travel, storage, and transport due to its slim, lightweight, and collapsible frame. It locks into place when assembled and collapses into a transportable version when used for travel.
Many musicians, disk jockeys, sound engineers, and various other musical performers swear by the PylePro. However, in turn, does it work just as excellently for projector use, since this is what this list is all about? Yes, as long as your projector is of the mini or pico variety, it should be serviceable.
- About $30.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Easy and straightforward set up.
- Floor-standing design with tripod legs.
- Device tray angle adjustment features.
- Stand disassembles for travel or when stored away.
- Rugged and durable metal construction with ABS plastic.
- Universal fit device stand for items 10 pounds and below,
- Height adjustment is easy to do and can reach from 22 inches to 35 inches.
Hola! Music HPS-290B Professional Tripod Projector Mixer Stand
The Hola! Music HPS-290B is a Professional Tripod Projector Mixer Stand. Its main claims to fame are durability, quality, and affordability. Its height can be adjusted from 36 inches to 55 inches, allowing for various levels of elevation
Nice Fit and Finish
The Hola! HPS-290B is an impressive tripod projector mixer stand. It’s the lightweight version of the more rugged, heavy-duty HPS-300B stand. This nice, portable stand serves as a great table mount for equipment like various mini projectors, pico projectors, tablets, or the Mackie sound board.
Its construction materials are mostly metal, including the pins. Moreover, the build quality has few to no complaints from over 1,000+ ratings so far. The tripod includes clamps and a shaft made of heavy-gauge plastic. The clamp for the table itself is metal though.
The plate has sides you can open in order to place much wider equipment safely.
- It costs about $50.
- 10-pound load capacity.
- Height ranges from 35 inches to 55 inches.
- Plate measures 15.5 inches by 11.5 inches.
- Mostly metal construction, from pins to stand.
- The plate has raised support lip on the front and back.
- Designed to hold projectors, DJ mixers, and laptops.
- A shaft and clamps are made of heavy-gauge plastic.
- A music and mixer stand that doubles as a projector stand.
- The plate can open sides in order to allow wide equipment placement.
- It’s a heavy-duty laptop workstation as long as your laptop weighs below 10 pounds.
TechOrbits Mobile Projector Stand (Cart on Wheels) OF-S8
The TechOrbits Projector tripod Stand is a cart on wheels you can roll around and adjust its height. It’s a black presentation trolley with two plates. You can also fine-tune your viewing angle and screen size by tilting its plate or desktop in accordance with your needs.
Furthermore, the plate has lips or safety ledges to secure the device from falling due to gravity or sliding off.
Constructed with High-Strength Steel
The TechOrbits Mobile Stand is a 2-tier stand with multiple plates and adjustable height. You can use it as a projectionist or a DJ at a garden wedding. It’s also useful as a laptop stand that offers dependable durable support for any kind of audio-visual presentation or screening you wish to do.
It works with more varieties of equipment exactly because it can support a load or weight capacity of 22 pounds. That’s more than twice the load capacities of Hola or PylePro, but ultimately Mount-It! offers the most twin-shelved support.
- Black stand.
- Metal trolley.
- It costs about $70.
- 18 pounds weight.
- Lifetime warranty.
- High-strength steel design.
- The upper tray has a 12° incline.
- It supports 22 pounds per tray.
- 2-tier stand with adjustable height.
- Tilting desktop for multiple viewing angles.
- It works for various pieces of AV equipment (like projectors).
Amazon Basics Adjustable Portable Workstation Laptop Stand DF136
The Amazon Basics Laptop Stand is a laptop stand from the Amazon Basics brand that also doubles as a tripod stand for projectors used in home entertainment centers. It’s great for work-at-home freelancers, disk jockeys, musicians, and musical performers on the go.
The Sturdiest, Most Versatile, and Easy to Assemble Projector Stand Around
Amazon Basics isn’t just the generic brand section of Amazon.com. It picks apart the best specifics and benefits of top-selling projector stand brands and delivers their own affordable version of such that basically amounts to the best of both worlds in terms of price and performance.
To be more specific, the functionality of the Amazon Basics Laptop and Projector Stand comes from its simplicity. There are fewer moving parts to worry about, it doesn’t go to high up (its top height is 4.5 feet), and 20-pound weight capacity.
- Durable and sturdy.
- 1 level and 1 tray tripod.
- Weight capacity of 10 pounds.
- The middle knob adjusts the height.
- Around $35 (originally around $40).
- Elevation can go from 36 to 55 inches.
- Steel tripod base designed for stability.
- It is Amazon’s Choice for “laptop tripod”.
- Easy to assemble (takes about 3 minutes).
- Versatile (can be used for many applications).
- The holding plate or platform measures 16.8 inches by 12.6 inches.
- It can hold projectors, laptops or notebook PCs, tablets, DJ mixers, and so forth.
Pyle Pro Audio Mobile DJ PA Speaker Stand PLPTS7
The Pyle Pro Stand is not a multi-level, multi-tray type of projector stand that can hold 100 pounds of equipment weight on its own, thus sparing you extra dollars when you just need a mini projector stand.
No Wobbling or Slipping Guaranteed
The Pyle Pro DJ Laptop and Projector Stand is an adjustable workstation stand made for working at home or for home entertainment. What’s more, it is precision-engineered to hold and balance items like laptops, tablets, and projectors without it toppling over thanks to its strong steel construction.
It also has a propriety bolt system plus peg and chain to hold the tripod into place without tipping to and fro from the slightest push. Hold your projection as steadily as possible with the wide tripod base’s adjustability so that there’s no need to do any keystone corrections or lens shift on your image.
- Sturdy plate.
- Metal stand.
- Versatile use.
- Black colored.
- Great for traveling.
- Weighs 8.71 pounds.
- Engineered ABS shelf.
- 10-pound load capacity.
- Safe placement of items.
- Single-shelf tripod stand.
- Universal placement or fitment.
- Costs about $35 (originally around $40).
- Adjustable laptop stand that doubles as a projector stand.
Vamvo Aluminum Universal Projector Tripod Stand T1
The Vamvo Aluminum Universal Projector Tripod Stand is worth a second look because it’s as lightweight as a camera stand but is strong enough to carry on its plate whole laptops, tablets, and mini projectors weighing about 10 pounds.
Aircraft Grade Aluminum with Maximum Load Capacity
Amazingly, despite only weighing 2.6 pounds, the Vamvo Aluminum Universal Projector Tripod Stand can support the average laptop or mini projector as well as modern game consoles, which means anything that weighs below 10 pounds it can easily support.
This is because Vamco’s aluminum and steel construction is tough, stable, and made of high-grade aluminum that’s used on airplanes rather than the cheaper ones that easily break. Yes, it’s not as durable as steel but it isn’t as cumbersomely heavy as steel either.
- Tripod mounting type.
- It costs about $45 to $50.
- Lightweight at 2.6 pounds.
- Aluminum and steel material type.
- Easy setup for a solid and strong result.
- It can carry anything south of 10 pounds.
- Adjustable height of 16 inches to 45 inches.
- The foldable tray that has the size of 15 inches by 11 inches.
- The package includes a storage bag to turn it into carry-on luggage.
- Multi-function stand for DJ equipment, notebook PCs, and projectors.
- Pound for pound one of the best and strongest tripod stands on this list.
Klvied Projector, Laptop, and DJ Equipment Tripod Stand
The Klvied Projector Tripod Stand is a height-adjustable universal laptop and projector stand. It can be as tall as you need it to be, from the side of a desk lamp to a stand fan. Like many other tripods on this list, it can double as a DJ stand and laptop stand as well as a perfectly serviceable projector stand.
It Can Be Used Indoors and Outdoors Due to Its Ruggedness
The Klvied Projector Tripod Stand can serve as a PC table stand, an extra stool for extra table mount elevation, a folding floor tripod stand that can go up to 63 inches in height. You can use it at home for screenings or home-based work during the pandemic.
It can also be used for the stage or the studio. Its height adjustment allows it to do multiple jobs at multiple elevations and multiple sizes. The package includes the projector tripod stand, its adjustable tray, its sponge gasket, elastic belt, black carrying case, and instruction booklet.
- Black color.
- Solid tripod base.
- Tray rotation is at 180°.
- Foldable floor tripod stand.
- Lightweight at 5.26 pounds.
- It includes straps and a non-slip mat.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Metal construction and aluminum alloy.
- It can double as a DJ equipment holder too.
- The tray measures 15 inches by 11.1 inches.
- Costs about $50 but it can go as high as $56.
- Its height or elevation can range from 23 inches to 63 inches.
Bulalu Tripod Stand for Projectors, Laptops, DJ Devices, and Desk Mount
The Bulalu Projector Tripod Stand can also be used for disk jockey equipment, laptops, tablets, and so forth. It can also double as a desk mount at its smallest height. As a projector stand, there’s not much to complain about. It matches at least the minimum specs of all the other stands on this list.
Versatility and Durability Guaranteed
Bulalu is more of a notebook PC or laptop stand than a projector stand due to its inclusion of a mouse pad and phone holder. Then again, you can at least use the phone holder in order to use with your projector in case the Android or iOS smartphone serves as your media source.
The mouse pad can also help hold things like the external HDD as well. Just keep in mind that the tray measures 15 inches by 11.1 inches. You can’t hold anything any wider or bigger than that. You should also watch out for load capacity. Don’t put on it anything heavier than 10 pounds as well.
- It costs around $36.
- Comes with a storage bag.
- Stand rotation is at 360°.
- Comes with a safety lip on the plate.
- Stability is assured using the stand plate.
- The elastic tape affixes the plate in place.
- It comes with an anti-skid pad and elastic tape.
- Foldable projector to ensure mobility for travel.
- It can be used indoors or outdoors like Klvied Projector Tripod Stand.
- Its adjustable height allows you to shrink it to 18 inches or extend it to 47 inches.
|Projector Tripod Stand|
|Material||Size and Weight|
|Weight or Load Capacity||Maximum Height |
|Mount-It! Mobile Projector and Laptop Stand MI-7943 (2 Shelves)||Steel||33.5 inches by 15.5 inches by 4.5 inches and 22.9 pounds||88 pounds||36.25 inches to 57.5 inches|
|PylePro Universal Laptop Projector Tripod Stand PLPTS2||Steel and ABS plastic||11.25 inches by 4.5 inches by 18.25 inches and 5.4 pounds||10 pounds||22 inches to 35 inches|
|Hola! Music HPS-290B Professional Tripod Projector Mixer Stand||Metal and heavy-gauge plastic||29.9 inches by 12.2 inches by 4.4 inches and 9.28 pounds||10 pounds||35 inches to 55 inches|
|TechOrbits Mobile Projector Stand||High-strength steel||18 inches by 20 inches by 57 inches and 18 pounds||22 pounds (per tray)||37.4 inches to 57.1 inches|
|Amazon Basics Adjustable Portable Workstation Laptop Stand||Steel||27.56 inches by 27.56 inches by 47.24 inches and 10.87 pounds||10 pounds||36 inches to 55 inches|
|Pyle Audio Mobile DJ PA Speaker Stand||Metal stand and engineered ABS shelf||4.75 inches by 29.75 inches by 14.25 inches and 8.71 Pounds||11.27 pounds||30 inches to 55 inches|
|Vamvo Aluminum Universal Projector Tripod Stand||Steel and aluminum||17.52 inches by 5 inches by 4.41 inches and 2.6 pounds||10 pounds||16 inches to 45 inches|
|Klvied Projector Tripod Stand||Metal construction (aluminum alloy)||17.56 inches by 11.81 inches by 4.21 inches and 5.46 pounds||10 pounds||23 inches to 63 inches|
|Bulalu Laptop Tripod Stand||Metal alloy stand||17.4 inches by 11.65 inches by 4.21 inches and 6.69 pounds||10 pounds||17 inches to 47 inches|
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are the most frequently asked questions about tripod stands and projectors.
How do you use a projector stand?
A projector stand is a great tool you can use like a table mount in order to keep your display device in place. It ensures you of a professional-level presentation or a home cinema that’s as high-grade as commercial one.
You use it like a table or shelf, but this time around you can adjust its height and tilt so that you won’t have to use the projector’s keystone correction or lens shift to move the image around.
Can a tripod hold a projector?
Yes. As long as the projector matches the projector’s load-bearing weight or capacity, you’re good to go. Also, watch out for the tray size. Most modern mobile projectors are no bigger than laptops, so in turn most projector tripods double as laptop tripods.
The minimum weight capacity of at least the projectors on this list is around 10 pounds and under, which is around the weight of the typical mini projector or notebook PC. Some tripods can support up to 88 pounds.
What is the best projector stand?
Hola! Projector Tripod Stand is our recommendation for the best projector stand of 2021 in accordance to Amazon user ratings and our own experience with the cost-effective stand. Then again, Mount-It! is the best stand in accordance to its load capacity of 88 pounds.
The tallest possible tripod stand on this list is mainly Klvied Projector Tripod Stand, which can reach up to 63 inches in height or elevation.
How do you raise the height of a projector?
Raising the height of your projector depends on what mount you’re using. You should determine the height of the wall mount from the start. With ceiling mounts, it’s more of an issue of angles.
When it comes to table mounts, you should get a table with the right amount of elevation. Tripod mounts or stands, on the other hand, allow you to adjust the image height. Turn on your projector in order to display the image and manually adjust the image elevation relative to the screen.
Usually, there’s either a knob at the back or a food release lever to allow you to extend or shrink projector stand elevation.
Things to Consider
For your projector to fulfill its purpose, it should be placed on an elevated or raised position. You have quite a number off options available for stands that fulfill this mounting purpose without needing to drill any holes on your wall or tear apart panels on your ceiling.
Therefore, the top projector tripod on this list is Hola! Music HPS-290B Professional Tripod Projector Mixer Stand. This is followed by PylePro Universal Laptop Projector Tripod Stand PLPTS2. Finally, there’s Amazon Basics Adjustable Portable Workstation Laptop Stand.