Why do projector manufacturers bother with putting in built-in speakers in their products? Isn’t there a wealth of soundbars and speakers available already? For one thing, having speakers in your projector reduces wire clutter. For another thing, it’s always nice to have sound options available.
With that said, what’s the best projector with built-in speakers or external speaker packages out there? What’s the best marriage of audio and video for all your projection needs?
- 1 Top 9 Projectors with Built-In Speakers
- 1.1 1. ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector
- 1.2 2. Vamvo L4200 Portable Video Projector
- 1.3 3. Anker Nebula Mars II Home Theater Portable Projector
- 1.4 4. Anker Nebula Capsule Max, Pint-Sized Wi-Fi Mini Projector
- 1.5 5. TaoTronics 3500 lumens 200″ Support 1080P LED Home Theater Projector
- 1.6 6. BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
- 1.7 7. VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
- 1.8 8. ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA High Brightness Projector PA503S
- 1.9 9. BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector
- 2 Comparison Chart
- 3 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 4 Final Thoughts
Top 9 Projectors with Built-In Speakers
Here are the top 9 projectors with high-quality built-in speakers included with them.
1. ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector
The ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector or M1PLUS comes with Dual Harman Kardon Bluetooth Speakers. It also features USB Type C and HDMI (ARC) inputs. What can be said about it? Well, it doesn’t exactly have built-in speakers but it does save you money on buying such speakers.
In other words, DLP projectors can become much smaller yet effective than their bulkier LCD counterparts. It might not have native HD projection images but it has decent video and excellent sound.
An Ultra-Portable Projector with Quality Audio
The ViewSonic M1+ or M1PLUS is the epitome of what a smart projector is supposed to represent. It’s a Digital Light Processing (DLP) projector, which means in many ways it’s superior to Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) projectors in terms of color vibrancy, gradation, and micronization.
ViewSonic M1+ is a step beyond ViewSonic M1, particularly in the audio department. This projector simplifies streaming by mirroring YouTube videos or doing livestreams. Just remember that copyrighted content from Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, or Neflix can’t be mirrored or screencast.
- 45 watts.
- DLP projector.
- Tripod mountable.
- Long-lasting LED lamp.
- Ultra-portable projector.
- Built-in battery with 2.5 hours of power.
- WVGA (480p or 854 x 480 pixels of resolution).
- USB hardware interface with HDMI and VGA connectivity.
- Premium audio through Harman Kardon Bluetooth speakers that fill the whole room.
- Big screen projection reaching up to 100 inches when projected from 8 feet and 9 inches away.
2. Vamvo L4200 Portable Video Projector
As for the VamVo L4200, it’s a portable projector featuring an up-to-200-inch Full HD 1080p display. It’s a worthy outdoor movie projector with a better native resolution than the ViewSonic M1+. It thusly has a higher user rating on Amazon.
Mini Projector with Maximum Impact
The mini projector supports FHD 1080p but has a native projection resolution of 720p. It’s considered an outdoorsy type of projector due to its 3,800 lux of brightness. Its LED lamp can last you up to 50,000 hours of operation.
It’s also compatible with all the major game consoles like the PlayStation 3 and 4 as well as media streaming players like the Amazon Fire TV Stick for good measure. For something so portable, it has quite the top-notch built-in speaker with SRS that provides clear sound quality across the board.
- Built-in speaker with SRS.
- It only weighs 2.75 pounds.
- Up to 200-inch image display.
- It has up to 3,800 lux of brightness.
- Affordable at around a hundred bucks.
- Its throw distance ranges from 4.9 feet to 15 feet.
- Portable at 9.64 inches by 6.53 inches by 3.2 inches.
- Compatible with AV, USB, VGA, and HDMI source devices.
- It works well with gaming consoles like the PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii.
3. Anker Nebula Mars II Home Theater Portable Projector
As for the Nebula Mars II by Anker, it’s characterized by having compatibility with Android 7.1, its 10-watt speakers, its 150-inch screen size, its 720p resolution, and so forth. The home theater projector is also quite bright for something so lightweight, with it being 300 ANSI lumens in brightness.
You can seamlessly display content from your Android 7.1 to the Nebula Mars II for countless hours of entertainment.
A Swiss Army Knife Kind of Portable Projector
You can binge-watch in style with Anker Nebula Mars II. It doesn’t only have crisp, sharp 720p HD native resolution pictures with amazing brightness. It’s also compatible with Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube (non-copyrighted content mostly).
Its display image can go all the way up to 150 inches of bigness. With it, you can take online classes, watch movies or TV shows, or keep yourself entertained with gaming. As a projector with a built-in speaker, it also has quality 10-watt drivers.
Its sound quality will please you since it offers deep pounding bass and cinematic stereo sound.
- 720p resolution.
- 10-watt speakers.
- Ceiling mountable.
- Crisp, clear picture.
- Android 7.1 support.
- 1-second autofocus.
- 300 ANSI lumens brightness.
- Home theater DLP portable projector.
- Stunning sound due to dual 10-watt audio drivers.
- Sensational clarity due to the DLP IntelliBright technology.
4. Anker Nebula Capsule Max, Pint-Sized Wi-Fi Mini Projector
It’s more highly rated than Anker Nebula Mars II, Vamvo L4200, or ViewSonic M+ for good reason—it contains the best of their features. Alas, it’s not Chromecast supported.
A Pint-Sized Powerhouse of a Projector
It’s not as bright as Nebula Mars II with its 200 ANSI brightness and its 8-watt speaker is inferior to Mars’ 10-watt audio drivers. However, it’s excellent for its size and its DLP IntelliBright tech is among the best in the industry.
It also has native 720p HD, to give you vividly detailed images up to 100 inches big. It’s also easy to adjust with its auto focus and keystone correction offerings. This ensures instant clarity and image sharpness at widescreen. It’s also ideal for use in low-light environments.
- 4 hours of playtime.
- 8-watt built-in speaker.
- Native 720p resolution.
- 200 ANSI lumen brightness.
- Keystoning and auto focus tech.
- Android 8.1 technology support.
- It can be table-mounted or tripod-mounted.
- The image size can reach up to 100 inches of largeness.
- DLP technology projector with vividly detailed projections.
- Ultra-sharp, rectangular widescreen image that’s instantly clear.
5. TaoTronics 3500 lumens 200″ Support 1080P LED Home Theater Projector
The TaoTronics Video Projector TT-PR001 reminds us that just because you’re mainly looking for a quality projector with a built-in speaker, it doesn’t mean you should discard one of its most important aspects—brightness.
Its tandem of innate brightness and built-in stereo sound makes it convenient to move around or use outdoors while camping or when you’re on vacation.
A Truly Bright Video Projector with Excellent Audio
This particular projector is a bright (3,500 lumens) and clear (720p to 800p) device even when you have ambient light nearby. This makes it useful for outdoor projection in daylight. Its high-grade colors are among the best for LCDs. Finally, its audio is excellent.
The TaoTronics LCD projector with built-in sound doesn’t need an extra sound system thanks to its built-in speaker. However, it works fine with external speakers if you want to get the full cinematic experience that’s available in Anker Nebula Mars II though.
- LED lamp.
- 3,500 lumens.
- 60Hz frequency.
- Weights 5.12 pounds.
- The native resolution of 720p.
- Vertical keystone adjustment.
- 1280 x 800 display resolution.
- Massive image size of 56 inches to 120 inches.
- Dual fans design to prevent projector overheating.+
- HDMI support for 576i, 720i, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- Includes a plethora of ports such as VGA port, USB port, HDMI port, and AC port for AV, VGA, USB, TF, and HDMI.
6. BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector
The BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector is the highest-rated projector among the first six projectors. It has a higher rating than even Anker Nebula Capsule Max. It’s also among the most expensive so far but that’s to be expected. You have to pay extra for its quality.
Worth Every Penny as a Major Gaming Projector Investment
Accurate colors and high brightness—are the key features of this expensive DLP from BenQ. It’s also a lot bulkier than the other projectors on this list. However, it’s worth every penny due to features like its amazingly clear 15000:1 contrast ratio and its 10-watt chamber speaker.
It’s also a great gaming projector because it has low input lag. This ensures that gamers have a smooth gaming experience even when having online duels. Its native Full HD 1080p resolution is among the biggest on this list, and its 300-inch image size is particularly cinematic in scope.
- 353 watts.
- 93 pounds.
- Native 1080p.
- Nearly $800 price.
- Ceiling mountable.
- Up to300-inch image.
- 15000:1 contrast ratio.
- 10-watt chamber speaker.
- 2 zoom image adjustment.
- 2,200 ANSI lumens brightness.
- 96% Rec.709 for accurate colors.
- Low input lag that’s ideal for gaming.
- Streams Netflix and Amazon Prime videos.
- Projector and ceiling mount combo for flexible installation.
7. VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector
The VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector is an extra-bright projector with 2,500 ANSI lumens. It’s Ultra HD or UHD 4K as well, ensuring you of a pixel-dense image from 100 inches onwards. Pixel density is most apparent when you have the biggest of screens to fill the pixels out.
The Biggest and Most Cinematic Screen Possible
The VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Projector is quite a feature-rich projector. No wonder it’s so far the second-best projector on the list next to BenQ HT2150ST. It also has a wide color gamut with diffused light to protect your eyes. It can reach 150-inches or more in terms of image size.
It can also last about 25,000 hours of consecutive playtime. Its ultra-short throw or UST ratio is 0.233:1. It also features ALPD 3.0 tech laser light technology to boot.
The 60-watt Harman Kardon speakers also deliver lossless DTS-HD and Dolby Audio so that you can listen to hi-fi audio without an external sound system.
- 30 watts.
- Space-saving design.
- Quick and easy setup.
- Smart Android System.
- 60W Harman Kardon speakers.
- 2,500 lumens of brightness via laser.
- 80 to 150 inches of image or projection size.
- Features Bluetooth, USB, and HDMI support.
- ALPD 3.0 laser light to double light efficiency compared to the standard.
- Native contrast ratio of 3000:1 and a high image contrast ratio of 1500000:1.
- Ultra short throw allows you to cast 100-inch images merely 7.2 inches away.
8. ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA High Brightness Projector PA503S
The ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA High Brightness Projector is for home and office use. You can use it for home theaters but it’s mostly been developed for office meetings and presentations for conference rooms. It’s the go-tog projector for business presentations, in other words.
A Classic Business Projector with Amazing Versatility
It’s a lunchbox-sized projector measuring 4.33 inches by 11.57 inches by 8.58 inches and weighing 7.14 pounds. It also has HDMI connectivity to allow ViewSonic to interface with HDTVs and common HDTV media players like DVD/BD players, cable/satellite boxes, and gaming consoles.
It’s because it’s so versatile and usable at home along with the office that it’s become a viable projector with a built-in speaker. It’s also compatible with Blu-Ray players, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Windows PCs, and Mac PCs.
- 260 watts.
- 2W internal speaker.
- 15,000-hour lamp life.
- White and gray boxy design.
- Vertical keystone correction.
- 3,800 ANSI lumens of brightness.
- Easy setup with most PCs via Plug & Play.
- The native resolution of 800 by 600 pixels (SVGA).
- The 120-inch image size from 15 feet and 8 inches.
- Connects with VGA, Serial Interface, and HDMI.
- High brightness projector to deal with office ambient light.
- It includes a remote control, VGA cable, power cable, and the SVGA projector itself.
9. BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector
The BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector is the only other projector with a native 1080p FHD resolution. It’s priced at almost half of what the expensive TH585 costs. Its built-in 10-watt speaker is loud enough to handle various TV shows, movies, and games.
The Budget Version of BenQ HT2150ST for Gaming Purposes
This projector with 1080p resolution also comes with a 3,500 ANSI lumens and 10,000:1 contrast ratio. It’s undoubtedly extra bright and it’s made specifically for home cinema entertainment. It’s so bright you half-expect it’s a business projector. It’s certainly bigger and thicker than your average DLP.
It’s worthwhile for use in movie watching and TV show marathons. It even has LampSave Mode available to extend its lamp life by 15,000 hours. It delivers the ultimate gaming experience in even the most well-lit of environments through its brightness and its low latency for gaming.
It also allows you to get 100-inch images from just 10 feet away to ensure you of total gaming immersion when push comes to shove.
- 4 pounds.
- 3,500 lumens.
- HDMI hardware interface.
- High contrast ratio at 10,000:1.
- 340 watts light source wattage.
- It has an extra-loud 10W speaker.
- Amazingly bright and crisp image.
- Low input lag for gaming purposes at 16ms.
- 100 inches image size from 3 meters or 9.8 feet.
- LampSave Mode extends its life to 15,000 hours.
- It’s capable of streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix videos.
|Projectors with Built-In Speakers|
|Projector Type||Connections Available||Resolution|
|ViewSonic M1+ Portable Smart Wi-Fi Projector||WVGA DLP LED smart projector|
|HDMI, USB-C, and VGA||480p|
|Vamvo L4200 Portable Video Projector||HD DLP video projector with built-in speaker|
|AV, USB, VGA, and HDMI||720p|
|Anker Nebula Mars II Home Theater Portable Projector|
|DLP portable projector with|
IntelliBright tech and dual 10-watt cinematic stereo
|USB and HDMI||720p|
|Anker Nebula Capsule Max||Wi-Fi DLP Mini Projector for home theater use with an 8-watt speaker|
|USB and HDMI||720p|
|TaoTronics Video Projector TT-PR001|
|LED and LCD HD video projector with 3,500 lumens|
|AV, VGA, USB, TF, and HDMI||720p to 800p|
|BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector |
|DLP 1080p HD short throw projector with 10W chamber speaker|
|HDMI, MHL, D-Sub, USB, and 3.5mm mini jack|
|VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector||DMD DLP UHD UST Smart Laser TV Home Theatre Projector|
|Bluetooth, USB, and HDMI|
|ViewSonic 3800 Lumens SVGA High Brightness Projector||SVGA DLP high brightness projector with built-in speaker|
|VGA, Serial Interface, and HDMI|
|BenQ TH585 1080p Home Entertainment Projector |
|DLP FHD 1080p home entertainment projector|
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding projectors with built-in speakers.
Do projectors have speakers built-in?
Most modern projectors in 2021 have built-in speakers. They vary in quality though. Some have 2W speakers with the most basic and “tinny” sound possible, thus necessitating the use of Bluetooth speakers or home theater audio systems.
There are also projectors with extra-loud 10W and above built-in soundbars. For example, you can get a projector featuring 60-watt Harman Kardon speakers that have Dolby Audio and DTS support. The ones with the most powerful speakers can fill even the largest living rooms with immersive sound.
The best ones include deep bass sound from the speaker level.
Can you connect speakers to a projector?
Yes. Ideally, they should feature the HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) port to allow minimal wire clutter. Devices connected via this setup can use the same cable to connect to each other in one loop rather than separately with extra audio cables.
Otherwise, you have no choice but to directly link your speaker to your media source or indirectly through the optical cable or 3.5mm mini-jack on the projector. The speakers are handy because they make movies more immersive and business presentations more lively and interactive.
How do you get sound from a projector to speakers?
To get sound from your projector, you can either depend on its built-in speaker or establish an audio connection with a Bluetooth speaker, amplifier, or home theater sound system. Smart devices can connect to smart speakers via the same Wi-Fi connection as well as Bluetooth.
An AV receiver can help manage media source and audio display connections. It works like a splitter or switcher matrix, thus allowing multi-device connections while maintaining hi-fi sound when push comes to shove.
Which should you go for? It depends on the built-in speaker. In 2021, most are decent but if you’re at home, it’s reassuring that using a less mobile audio setup with subwoofer and huge speakers is an option.
Are mini projectors worth buying?
Sure. Mini projectors are becoming more and more advanced the same way cellphones of yore have become smaller or more space-saving. Micronization technology allows manufacturers to make smaller chips that pack a punch and turn your projectors into supercomputers.
This is why smaller options produce high-definition, high-quality images on large surfaces at ultra short or short throws. Incidentally, as far as projectors with built-in speakers are concerned, many of them are of the mini projector or pico projector variation.
Why? Both tech features allow the projector to be more portable and mobile. You can’t bring with your concert-tier speakers when camping, after all.
The best projectors with built-in speakers aren’t just the ones that defy the stereotype of projectors having crappy, weak, and “tinny”-sounding speakers with terrible bass. They should also stand out on their own in terms of video quality, resolution, pixel density, and brightness.
With that said, according to user ratings and our own estimations, the absolute best tandem in terms of video and audio among projectors of this type is BenQ HT2150ST 1080P Short Throw Projector. In second place is VAVA 4K UHD Laser TV Home Theatre Projector.