A wall mount for projectors is a type of mount ostensibly installed unto your wall to allow you to project your image onto a screen or another wall without worrying about the display device falling over and breaking itself due to an accidental table bump.
So what’s the best projector wall mount? Keep on reading the reviews below to find out or make up your mind on the subject yourself. Many of the wall mounts on this list of best wall mounts can also double as ceiling mounts, but this doesn’t apply to all of them.
- 1 1. Mount-It! Wall or Ceiling Projector Mount with Universal LCD/DLP Mounting M1-604
- 2 2. Gibbon Mounts Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Mount Bracket
- 3 3. Elitech Short Throw Projector Universal Wall Mount
- 4 4. Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount Universal Adjustable Design M1-603
- 5 5. JIFAR Universal LED HD Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Bracket Holder for Different Size Projector (White)
- 6 6. UST Mount, Extension 12.80″-29.13″ with Universal Mounting Plate
- 7 7. ViewTech Universal Short Throw Projector Wall Mount Fully Adjustable: 22″-52″
- 8 8. IUMÉ White Projector Mount Extending Wall Ceiling Projection Bracket
- 9 9. Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount for Short Throw and Standard Projectors M1-608
- 10 Comparison Chart
- 11 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 12 Summarization
Here are the top 9 projector wall mounts out there in 2021.
1. Mount-It! Wall or Ceiling Projector Mount with Universal LCD/DLP Mounting M1-604
The Mount-It! Wall or Ceiling Projector Mount M1-604 offers Universal LCD/DLP Mounting. It’s specifically recommended for use with Epson, Optoma, BenQ, and ViewSonic projectors. It’s colored black and has a load capacity of 44 pounds. It’s also made of stainless steel.
What More Can You Ask For?
The Mount-It mount is truly a quintessential type of mount. It’s quite popular among Amazon customers, it has high ratings from them, and the reason for such goodwill roots from its affordable price and wide application to various projectors on the market to date.
Additionally, it has a solid, full-motion design. What this means is that it makes the projector moveable and adjustable with its 360° swivel, +/- 8° roll, +/- 15° pitch, and a height adjustment ranging from 5 inches to 25.6 inches.
- About $35.
- Black steel mount by Mount-It!
- Works with LCD or DLP projectors.
- It ensures flush ceiling installation.
- 44 pounds in weight or load capacity.
- Dual-application mount for walls and ceiling use.
- It includes a telescoping arm for ceiling installation as well.
- 3-in-1 “universal-fit” projector wall or ceiling mount bracket.
- 6 inches by 9.9 inches by 2.5 inches in product dimensions.
- Mounting holes on the device must measure from 8.85 inches to 12.40 inches.
- Compatible with various projectors from Epson, Optoma, BenQ, and ViewSonic.
2. Gibbon Mounts Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Mount Bracket
Regarding the Gibbon Mounts Universal Projector, it’s both a ceiling and wall mount like the Mount-It! mount. Furthermore, it has an extendable pole that can reach a length range of 16.5 inches to 25.2 inches. It can also hold up to 33 pounds of weight.
Mainly for Lighter Projectors Weighing Less Than 30 Pounds
This black-colored alloy steel mount can be installed in two different ways depending on whether you want it installed on the wall or ceiling. From our experience with it, it’s a pretty robust and thick mount even though it has a lower capacity compared to Mount-It!
The bad news is that its lowered capacity means it can only support 33-pound lightweight projectors or lighter. The good news is that you’re less limited to specific brand names. The projector wall mount is adjustable enough to cater to any projector weighing less than 33 pounds in short.
- 5 pounds.
- Made of alloy steel.
- Solid steel construction.
- 33-pound weight capacity (less than Mount-It!).
- 5 inches to 25.2 inches of height adjustment.
- It can be both a wall-mount and a ceiling mount.
- Item dimensions of 7.09 inches by 3.23 inches by 12.8 inches.
- Universal compatibility is superior and wider-ranging than Mount-It!
- Full motion adjustment from tilts to swivels as well as 360° rotation.
- Nearly universal compatibility but it can only support small 33-pound projectors or lighter.
3. Elitech Short Throw Projector Universal Wall Mount
The Elitech Short Throw Projector Universal Wall Mount is a projector mount characterized by providing a 56-inch extension from your wall. The projector can be extended from the wall from 40.8 inches up to 56.5 inches with the mount’s telescoping arm. It’s also made of metal.
Wall Mounted Mounting for Short Throw Projectors
The extension from the wall mainly serves as a way to compensate for super-close short throw projectors. This way, you can move or adjust your wall-mounted projector closer to your projector screen, particularly about 3 to 8 feet away.
It’s quite sturdy as well because it’s made of metal. It even measures at a sturdy 40 inches by 8.8 inches by 4.25 inches, which is quite larger than the dual-application projector mounts above. However, its loading capacity is only 25 pounds versus the 44 pound capacity of Mount-It!
- Easy to install.
- Black metal mount.
- Universal wall mount.
- Solid metal construction.
- 25-pound weight capacity.
- Item weight of 10.78 pounds.
- It can be tilted up and down 30°.
- Made for short throw projectors.
- 56-inch extension from your wall.
- Perfect for LCD or DLP projectors.
- The projector has a 360° swivel rotation.
- One-year warranty from date of purchase.
- It’s mostly a wall mount with universal 99% compatibility.
4. Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount Universal Adjustable Design M1-603
The Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount Universal Adjustable Design is compatible to Epson, BenQ, and Optoma projectors specifically but can serve as a universal-fit mount with enough adjustment. It mostly stands out for its adjustable design.
It’s rated way lower than its DLP/LCD dual-mounting counterpart because of quality control issues.
Lightweight Aluminum Construction
It’s made of aluminum. It measures way smaller at 3 inches by 13 inches by 13 inches than Gibbon Mounts or Elitech ST Projector Mount despite both supporting the same or less weight capacity (Gibbon in 33 pounds and Elitech is 25 pounds). Some call it flimsy and small.
Others who rated it much higher marvel at its universal fit. With enough adjustment, the second Mount-It! mount on this list can fit virtually every last projector out there beyond the perfunctory Epson, BenQ, and Optoma trio. You can extend or retract its arm for flexible positioning too.
- 29 pounds.
- Black coloring.
- Costs about $40.
- Roll left or right 30°.
- Tilt-up or down 30°.
- Swivel of about 360°.
- The load capacity of 33 pounds.
- Durable powder-coated finish.
- Rigid extruded aluminum construction.
- Universal Projector Wall Mount Bracket.
- A telescoping tube extends 10.25 inches to 13 inches.
- Assembly instructions and necessary hardware included.
5. JIFAR Universal LED HD Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Bracket Holder for Different Size Projector (White)
The JIFAR Universal LED HD Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Bracket Holder weighs 2.62 pounds and has the product dimensions of 12.91 inches by 5 inches by 2.2 inches. It’s available in both black and white variants. In use rating terms, it’s right up there with the best.
Savings from White Version and Heavy-Duty Capacity
The black version is more expensive even though its only difference with its white counterpart is its color. It’s the preferred aesthetic choice, probably. Regardless, among the mounts outlined on this top 9 list of mounts, it’s the one with the biggest capacity so far.
It doubles the capacity of both Elitech and the second Mount-It! mount. The swiveling, long-armed projector bracket or mount for ceilings and walls is so stable and supportive of the heavier of the standard to mini projectors that at least one user used it for mounting his Millennial Falcon model.
- Lock in any position.
- Easy release and lock.
- It weighs 2.62 pounds.
- “No-slip” adjustment system.
- Rotational adjustment is possible.
- You can swivel to the left or right by 15°.
- White-colored mount (also available in black).
- Dual-application ceiling mount and wall bracket.
- 91 inches by 5 inches by 2.2 inches package dimensions.
- Its maximum loading capacity is 66 pounds or 30 kilograms.
- It’s a heavy-duty projector mount that can support the bigger, heavier projectors.
6. UST Mount, Extension 12.80″-29.13″ with Universal Mounting Plate
The UST Mount, Extension 12.80″-29.13″ with Universal Mounting Plate is like the Gibbon Mounts Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Mount Bracket. It’s a nearly universal mount but can only support small 33-pound projectors or lighter.
A Pretty Standard Mount Cut from the Gibbon Mounts Cloth
Although specs-wise, it falls short of the benefits of Gibbon Mounts—like the fact that you can do rotations and swivels with Gibbon but not UST—they’re rated about the same. Also, it has fewer moving parts compared to Gibbon.
The simpler the design the likelier it will last. This is because there are fewer joints to fail or screws to tighten. The UST mount is the bigger, heavier of the two products. However, there’s no doubt Gibbon is the more popular and versatile or adjustable of the two mounts.
- 10° vertical tilt.
- Costs about $80.
- 10° horizontal roll.
- 6-axis adjustment.
- With UL Certification.
- 10° horizontal rotation.
- Lateral shift of 3.6 inches.
- Vertical shift of 3.15 inches.
- 2 pounds of item weight.
- Much quicker installation due to simple design.
- It comes with its own universal mounting plate.
- Extendable length of 12.8 inches to 29.13 inches.
7. ViewTech Universal Short Throw Projector Wall Mount Fully Adjustable: 22″-52″
According to user ratings, the ViewTech Universal Short Throw Projector Wall Mount has the highest user ratings. This makes it among the most popular and highest-rated wall mounts on this list so far. However, because it has fewer people rating it, other mounts might be superior to it popularity-wise.
Incredibly Adjustable and Versatile in Many Aspects
So what is it about this expensive ST projector hard plastic and steel wall mount with only 22 pounds of weight capacity that makes it higher rated than Mount-It! or Gibbon Mounts? For one thing, only nearly 2 dozen people rated it so high.
For another thing, it has loads of adjustment options galore. Wood stud spacing is 8 inches, 11 inches, and 16 inches. It also offers 3 inches vertical adjustment and 1.7 inches lateral adjustment. It also has a ±5 degrees roll, ±5 degrees pitch, and ±5 degrees yaw for keystone adjustment.
- It costs about $120 or so.
- 22 pounds weight capacity.
- 22 inches fully retracted from the wall.
- 52 inches fully extended from the wall.
- 16 pounds or 17 kilograms item weight.
- It fits 16-inch wood stud spacing as well.
- It caters to short throw projectors mostly.
- It uses the M4/M5 projector mounting screw.
- It’s made of hard steel and plastic construction.
- Hollow compact telescopic arms for hiding cables.
8. IUMÉ White Projector Mount Extending Wall Ceiling Projection Bracket
The IUMÉ White Projector Mount Extending Wall Ceiling Projection Bracket is a bracket or mount that can work with LCD or DLP projectors from BenQ, Optoma, ViewSonic, or Epson. Its load capacity is 44 pounds. It’s also made of strong yet lightweight aluminum.
Highly Configurable to Ensure Great Picture Quality
IUMÉ White Projector Mount is highly configurable to ensure that your projector’s image is perfectly aligned and at the right distance every time. This is because the mount is extendable and adjustable so that you won’t have to use zoom, lens shift, and keystone correction unless absolutely necessary.
It comes with an extension pole and the height of the mount can be adjusted from 27 centimeters to 54 centimeters or 10.62 inches to 21.26 inches. This is a universal projector mount that’s easy to install as well. The hanger is easy to place using the four-hole or three-hole configuration (two options).
- Costs about $20.
- Weighs 2.81 pounds.
- Available in black or white.
- 5 inches or 44.5 centimeters.
- 44-pound load or weight capacity.
- It’s made of lightweight aluminum.
- White-colored wall mount or bracket.
- It can be mounted on the wall or ceiling.
- 6 inches by 9.9 inches by 2.5 inches in size.
- Caters to Epson, Optoma, BenQ, and ViewSonic projectors as well as a host of others.
- Extremely adjustable and extendable, thus it’s able to cater to various sizes of projectors weighing up to 44 pounds or so.
9. Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount for Short Throw and Standard Projectors M1-608
The Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount M1-608 for Short Throw and Standard Projectors is a universal projector bracket that fits ViewSonic, BenQ, and Optoma projectors. It’s also known for its versatility.
Adjustability is the Name of the Game for this Solid Mount
The third Mount-It! a projector wall mount is the most expensive of the three Mount-It! products. It’s rated higher than the M1-604 but about a thousand people rated M1-604. Alas, M1-603 is the lowest-rated product on this list with its heaviness yet smallness.
The M1-608 bracket fits various projectors of the short throw or ultra-short throw projectors just like the Elitech Short Throw Projector Universal Wall Mount. Distance between the mounting holes on the back of the projector must be 12.3 inches or less to ensure a perfect fit.
- Costs $50.
- 9-pound mount.
- 35-pound capacity.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Made of plastic and steel.
- Safe and easy wall installation.
- Full-motion projector wall mount.
- It works with ST and UST projectors.
- It also works with standard projectors.
- Adjustable telescoping projector wall mount.
- Short throw and ultra-short throw projector mount.
- Adjustable from 9 inches to 29.5 inches from the wall.
|Material||Weight or Load Capacity|
|Product Dimensions||Projector Compatibility|
|Mount-It! Wall or Ceiling Projector Mount with Universal LCD/DLP Mounting M1-604||Steel|
|44 pounds||12.6 inches by 9.9 inches by 2.5 inches||Epson, Optoma, BenQ, and ViewSonic projectors.|
|Gibbon Mounts Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Mount Bracket|
|Alloy steel||33 pounds||7.09 inches by 3.23 inches by 12.8 inches|
|Nearly universal mount but can only support small 33-pound projectors or lighter|
|Elitech Short Throw Projector Universal Wall Mount|
|Solid metal construction||25 pounds||40 inches by 8.8 inches by 4.25 inches|
|Nearly universal mount but can only support small 25-pound ST projectors or lighter|
|Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount Universal Adjustable Design M1-603||Aluminum with powder-coated finish|
|33 pounds||3 inches by 13 inches by 13 inches|
|For use with Epson, BenQ, and Optoma projectors but can be universal fit.|
|JIFAR Universal LED HD Projector Ceiling Mount Wall Bracket Holder|
|Metal||66 pounds||12.91 inches by 5 inches by 2.2 inches||No-slip projector mount made to cater to heavier wall-mountable projectors out there|
|UST Mount, Extension 12.80″-29.13″ with Universal Mounting Plate|
|Metal||33 pounds||19.5 inches by 10.6 inches by 8.3 inches||Nearly universal mount but can only support small 33-pound projectors or lighter|
|ViewTech Universal Short Throw Projector Wall Mount||Steel and plastic||22 pounds||24 inches by 8 inches by 10.4 inches|
|Nearly universal ST mount but can only support small 22-pound projectors or lighter|
|IUMÉ White Projector Mount Extending Wall Ceiling Projection Bracket|
|Aluminum||44 pounds||12.6 inches by 9.9 inches by 2.5 inches||It works with LCD or DLP projectors from BenQ, Optomo, ViewSonic, or Epson.|
|Mount-It! Projector Wall Mount for Short Throw and Standard Projectors M1-608|
|Steel, aluminum, and plastic||35.2 pounds||32.6 inches by 8.8 inches by 4 inches||Epson, Optoma, BenQ, and ViewSonic projectors.|
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are the most frequently asked questions regarding projector wall mounts.
Can you mount a projector on the wall?
Yes, but it depends on the projector. It should specify that it’s wall mountable. Even then, check your room if it has the right shape for wall mounting. If the room is too long for your screen size, you can’t mount the projector at a far-off wall like you would in a commercial cinema.
Many LCoS and 3LCD projectors have zoom ranges of up to 2:1 to allow wall mounting adjustments, but sometimes it’s instead best to go for a mounting solution that offers you the path of least resistance.
How do I choose a projector mount?
Check the weight or load capacity of a given mount. If your projector is particularly heavy, it might best be used with a table mount instead, like you would with a game console or old-timey VCR. However, projectors are getting lighter and smaller in the 2020s.
Aside from knowing how heavy your projector is and matching it with the weight capacity of your mount, you check to see if it caters to your specific model of projector. Does it use 3 or 4 mounting holes? What’s the distance between those mounting holes?
Can all projectors be mounted?
Projectors that can be mounted will specifically specify what kind of mount they work with. Projectors that can only be placed on tables will be labeled as table mountable.
Mounting plates are typically made to fit certain models of projector mounting holes in a precise fashion. However, some plates are more universal and have mounting hole options, whether they’re three or four holes.
Most projectors are mounted upside down on the ceiling and have a menu selection to allow you to invert the image to make the setup work. Wall-mounting allows you to mount the projector right-side up.
How do you mount a projector on the wall?
Mounting a projector to the wall is like mounting a projector to the ceiling. You need to align the projector at the right throw distance from the screen directly to the wall. After you attach the base of the wall mount to the wall, you can start constructing the arm.
Some mounts have tools included with them and some require you to use tools of your own to assemble the whole thing. There are mounts with a straightforward single-arm setup while others instead have a telescoping or retractable arm instead. Adjust the projector height as necessary.
You should be extra careful when installing the part of the mount where it hooks up to your projector itself. Thankfully, many of these mounts come with their own instructions.
Although both the Mount-It! M1-608 and ViewTech Universal Short Throw Projector Wall Mount have the highest ratings among this list, only a few dozen users rated them as such.
Therefore, we conclude that the true kings of the mountain of projector wall mounts are the Mount-It! M1-604 and the Gibbon Mounts Universal Mount Bracket. The Mount-It! M1-604 in particular has 1,000+ ratings as well as 44 pounds of weight capacity, just like IUMÉ White Projector Mount.