What’s the best projector for the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV Stick, or Fire Stick? First off, let’s explain what the Amazon Firestick does. It’s a streaming device that makes it easier for your TV to stream content without turning it into a computer monitor for your laptop. It connects then produces content you can access via remote control on the device. It acts as the streaming laptop for your HDTV, HDMI monitor, or projector, as though it’s a more interactive version of satellite or cable TV. Additionally, the Fire Stick connects to your Wi-Fi connection on its own, allowing you access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, CrunchyRoll, or YouTube Red in a jiffy.
In regards to the best projector for the Firestick, we recommend the DBPOWER T20 Projector. It works like a charm. You won’t get any compatibility issues between this projector and your Firestick. It’s almost like the projector was made for the Firestick (even though it’s also universally compatible with other streaming devices regardless).
What Is The Amazon Firestick?
The Amazon Firestick is a home entertainment streaming tech. Because it’s such a hassle to set up your laptop, tablet, or phone to serve as a Wi-Fi middleman for your HDTV set, you can use this device to plug into the HDMI port of your TV for your viewing pleasure. To remind you, the display doesn’t need Wi-Fi in order to work with the Firestick. The Firestick will connect to your Wi-Fi on its own.
- Plug-and-Play Streaming Service: The Firestick works by plugging into your TV so that you can play streaming content on it with the ease of plugging Flash drives or the Blu-Ray player on the display device. It’s so advanced that it can even give you access to music, photos, games, subscription services, movies, and TV shows in one hub. It’s a device housing all the content you would want out of a streaming service and several other files you can access with it being a storage space as well. It’s also highly transportable to boot.
- How It Works: The Firestick enables you to watch streaming media while you’re on the go or if you’re chilling out at your home. It’s a means for you to have your own cable box or TV while you’re in vacation. Granted, you need a Wi-Fi or Internet connection to have it properly work, but you can avail of mobile Internet as well to allow for true entertainment on the go. Many hotels have their own cable TV but the Firestick allows you to watch your own selection of classics and new content in an on-demand manner.
- Unlimited Selection: A streaming service allows you to access an even bigger library of movies and TV shows than you can fit into your USB flash drive or even your laptop. Amazon Prime and Netflix specials or originals galore also await you. The Fire TV Stick is more compatible to use with TV sets than USB and laptops since it’s designed for HDMI connectivity. You won’t end up with movies that can’t be read by the HDTV because they’re in the wrong format. You don’t need to mirror your laptop screen with your HDTV to enable playing such videos either.
- For Travel or Use from Room to Room: You can travel wit your Firestick and plug it into any HDTV you have access to from hotel to hotel or lobby to lobby. For good measure, you can also bring it from room to room in your home in case you wish to use another TV set or even a projector in order to marathon Friends or Frasier as well as Seinfeld. Pick and choose which streaming service you’d go with, from Amazon Prime to Disney+, and you’re sure to end up with something nice and sweet. The choice is yours.
- Amazon Prime Members: An Amazon Prime account is pre-registered with your Firestick, so although other streaming services like Hulu, Disney+, YouTube Red, and Netflix are also available for use with the device (it’s not anti-competition or anything with the streaming services associated with competitors like Roku and Chromecast), it does give you a streaming service available to you by default. You can view exclusive Amazon Prime content like Goliath, The Tick, Mozart in the Jungle, The Expanse, Homecoming, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Good Omens, and The Boys just to name a few. You can view Amazon Originals and whatever Netflix has to offer in one device.
What Is The Best Projector for The Amazon Firestick?
There are many projectors to choose from for use with the Amazon Firestick or Fire TV Stick. Although it is called a “TV” Stick, it can be used for projectors as well with relative ease. Not all projectors are made equal though and some link up better with the Firestick than others. Regardless, we reiterate that we highly recommend DBPOWER T20 Projector. We’ve sought after these units and tested them for ourselves before handing out our own honest reviews and results from our testing.
- The DBPOWER T20: Aside from being compatible to the Firestick, the affordable DBPOWER had a lot going for it. It’s an LCD Mini Projector with 1,500 lumens of brightness. It’s suitable for on-the-go viewing due to its smallness and home theater viewing due to its 1080p HD quality. It can connect to anything with an HDMI, USB, SD card, VGA, or AV connector. It can also link up to laptops, TVs, media players, game consoles, iPhones, Androids, and any other type of smartphone out there. It even has a free HDMI cable included in the package. It’s a good low-cost unit with loads of inputs.
- GooBang ABOX T22: GooBang ABOX T22 is more of an upgraded version of the DBPOWER T20 (it has 2,400 lumens of brightness) rather than the resolution or lumen monsters that are the ViewSonic PJD5555W, Croyale PJ-58, and Alfawise X. What it mainly brings to the table is more of the same though—Firestick compatibility, multiple inputs for multiple media sources, the ability to connect to mobile devices, and decent HD quality. It’s on the lower end of the cost spectrum due to it not being as bright or as high definition as ViewSonic, Croyale, or Alfawise. It’s a low-cost basic portable projector that works well with HD Firestick streaming for home cinema use.
- ViewSonic PJD5555W: The versatile ViewSonic PJD5555W 3300 Lumens WXGA HDMI Projector is a business projector that doubles as an entertainment projector. It links up with the Firestick just fine and it’s more expensive than the DBPOWER T20 mainly because it’s a top-end unit built to offer maximum clarity and resolution from your Blu-Ray or DVD discs as well as HD streaming videos. Its higher price point means it has more brightness to offer so that you can play them in daylight or with ambient light. It also offers better controls for image focus on a wall, amking them ideal for giving presentations or playing videos as well as games.
- Croyale PJ-58: The Croyale PJ-58 Video Projector 1080P HD Home Theater Movie Projector has 3,200 lumens of brightness and is capable of displaying an image as big as 200 inches (ideal for backyard movie nights or home cinemas with extra-large screens). It can be connected to Android or iPhone smartphones, various TVs, the iPad or many tablets, laptops, or any media player with an HDMI connector. It can even link up with the Xbox, Switch, Wii-U, or PS4. It offers LCD support, has VGA and USB ports, has a built-in speaker, and brightness that allows its projection to be seen in the light or dark. Also, it’s Firestick compatible (of course).
- Alfawise X: The Alfawise X 3200 Lumens HD 1080P 4K Smart Projector is an even more expensive but high-quality projector that allows Ultra HD 4K resolution video to be played. It has the highest max resolution out of all these projectors. This is natural 4K and not a budget 4K that uses fast-blinking pixels in order to simulate 4K resolution without displaying all pixels at the same time (it’s an optical illusion of 4K). You can plug it into one-off the HDMI ports and use the remote to setup the right input. You’ll need a huge screen to accommodate all the pixels with the added bonus of extra clarity and fewer muddiness from the video feed itself, especially when playing 4K streaming or 4K BDs.
Why The DBPOWER T20 Is The Best Option
Here are all the reasons why the DBPOWER T20 LCD Mini Movie Projector is our most recommended projector for the Amazon Fire TV Stick among all the other more high-end options. It’s 10 percent brighter than its previous iterations, it’s a proven multimedia home theater video projector that has multiple inputs, and it’s cost-effective or its quality is relatively high for its price.
With the right lighting and projection surface, you’ll end with the decent image quality from even a low-cost unit versus a high-end one that costs extra because it can work on more surfaces and has a higher resolution to spare. Regardless, although a Firestick is supposed to be universal, for some reason it works as smooth as butter with the DBPOWER T20 in order to bring you hours of entertainment! To wit:
- What’s the Deal with The Brighter Projection? Although the DBPOWER T20 isn’t as bright as the other projectors on this list, it is brighter than its last iteration. It’s in fact 10 percent brighter than previous DBPOWER models, making it more luminescent, more detailed, and sharper than its earlier brethren as well as comparable projectors at its amazingly affordable price point of less than a hundred bucks. This, therefore, ensures you’ll have the best home cinema experience possible without breaking the bank or testing the limits of your vision.
- Your Viewing Experience Isn’t Compromised: High definition 1080p is perfectly serviceable for your Firestick viewing needs whether you want to watch something on the go with no hotel TV on hand in an on-demand manner or if you want to see your Internet streaming show or movie in the big screen of your home cinema. The projector offers 32 inches to 176 inches of image largeness at a throw distance of 1.5 to 5 meters. This allows you to feel like you’re watching a movie in the cinema at the comfort of your own home without worrying about other people, diseases, or expensive snacks at concession stands. Place the projector at the optimum distance of 2 to 2.5 meters for 130-inch screens.
- More of a Video Instead of a Business Projector: The projector offers super-clear and bright images at a darkened room with its 1,500 lumens of brightness. It’s not recommended for business presentations or PPT due to its lower lumens of brightness and its resolution that might cut off certain parts of a laptop screen due to cropping. It’s more of a movie, TV, or streaming type of projector. The ViewSonic PJD5555W WXGA projector is more your speed if you want to view Amazon Prime on streaming while also being able to do business presentations on the side.
- Audio Quality Considerations: While audio quality is usually at the backseat of considerations when shopping for Firestick projectors because you can always purchase a Bluetooth speaker or headphones, the audio of the DBPOWER T20 is notably excellent. It’s surprisingly decent for a projector of its size, kind of like a laptop with a good speaker. The audio comes directly from the unit and it doesn’t sound tinny. A 35-millimeter headphone jack is available to connect other speakers and soundbars to your projector.
- Noise Reduction from Silent Cooling System: If you don’t like the built-in speaker, you can always opt for an external speaker if you want more boom from your base or full Dolby Surround Sound for your home cinema. However, what if you can’t hear the speaker because of the loudness of the internal fan? That’s not an issue with the DBPOWER T20 because it’s equipped with a state-of-the-art cooling system that efficiently disperses heat without sounding like a noisy fan. It’s as silent as possible while also maintaining high cool-down rates for marathon viewings.
- Detriments of the DBPOWER T20: The DBPOWER T20 isn’t perfect. Its pros come with cons. However, they’re rather trivial. The power cord of the unit is rather short at three feet long, but you can always buy an extension cord for it. Also, it’s not its fault that it’s not 4K or lacks more lumens compared to the rest of the projectors on this list. If you want the most returns from your investment, you can’t go wrong with this hardy LCD mini projector you can take anywhere along with your Amazon Firestick for on-the-go viewing that’s more convenient than booting up your laptop and watching movies from there.
- ABOX T22 versus DBPOWER T20: While the as ViewSonic, Croyale, or Alfawise options sit on the high-end corner of quality projectors for the Amazon Firestick, it’s the DBPOWER and GooBang options that are truly head-to-head in the affordable projector department. Both offer decent video quality that depends on what surface you’re projecting their images on. They give off the best results on a flat white surface with the lights turned off. They’re both good budget LCD units with portable hardware design and low-cost setup. However, the DBPOWER T20 outdoes the ABOX T22 in terms of cost even though the latter has improved brightness. The DBPOWER T20 is indeed by far the best we’ve seen for the price.
- DBPOWER versus ViewSonic, Croyale, or Alfawise: Although DBPOWER T20 lacks the brightness, versatility, adjustment options, and/or ultra HD resolution offerings of the ViewSonic PJD5555W, Croyale PJ-58, or The Alfawise X projectors, it more than makes up for it in terms of costing less than a hundred bucks and the fact that this is a guide for the best and most affordable projector possible for your Amazon Firestick. It’s a worthwhile investment as the dedicated projector for your Firestick alone. All you need is a power source and you’re ready to go in viewing The Boys or Good Omens through the complimentary Amazon Prime membership included with your Firestick. If you can up your budget from $100, then the other projectors can become viable options for you.
See more this video:
The Nitty-Gritty of the DBPOWER T20
What are the best projectors for the Amazon Fire TV Stick? Most all of them are compatible with the Firestick, particularly any projector with an HDMI port. The Firestick is made to connect to any HDTV and home cinema video projectors are made with the same HDMI ports as a typical HDTV would have. They’re designed to project an image unto any flat surface, like a wall or a screen made specifically for the device. While high-end units allow you to view ultra HD projections like the Alfawise X, you don’t usually need them.
The basic offerings of the DBPOWER T20 are instead enough for all your Amazon Prime viewing needs. To wit, the DBPOWER T20 is a low-cost unit that works excellently with the Firestick. On top of that, it has many inputs including USB, HDMI, AV, VGA, and SD (Card). Not only can you use it with the Fire TV Stick. It can also work with most any device from the notebook or workstation PC to a smartphone and USB flash drive.
- Photos from Amazon.com